Posts Tagged ‘move request’

Exchange 2010 move request failure

April 15th, 2015 No comments

I migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 and since then I was receiving following event:


Event says:”The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service was unable to process a request due to an unexpected error”. Which means server cannot finish some request. In order to solve a problem I was looking for some replication settings. I found none. Then I looked into domain using ADSIEdit. I looked into:

CN=MailboxExportRequests, CN=MailboxReplication, CN=TeamSK, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=Services, CN=Configuration, DC=domain, DC=local

and I found there some old orphan move requests:

List of orphaned requests

When I used Get-MoveRequest cmdlet there was none move request displayed. So I’ve deleted those old move requests using ADSIEdit and there was no more bothering event on Exchange server.

Have a nice day,


No Client Access server running Exchange 2010 or a later version were found in site…

August 14th, 2012 3 comments

One of our customer has Exchange working Exchange 2010 environment. Customer wanted to create one exchange mailbox server in other physical location. Customer would use this new mailbox server to host only archive databases. So I have installed new mailbox server in separate physical location (in separate AD site), created couple databases and configured users to use this databases as archive.

Read more…

Exchange 2010: Increase number of move requests

January 10th, 2012 No comments

When I migrate mailboxes between Exchange servers I increase numbers of move requests because two is really limiting in nowadays network and servers speeds.

Read more…

Exchange 2010 failed move request

January 10th, 2012 No comments

Today I was migrating mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to new server Exchange 2010. Almost all accounts were working fine except couple. I receive following error:

Read more…